Determined by the first budget, on the outlet from the area of the investment, a mushroom farm can be started in 2 ways:
1. A mushroom farm with a nonstop production, with an everyday harvesting.
funguy chocolate is assured by a minimum of 4 growing rooms.
Determined by the regional market there can be cultivated the white button mushrooms or perhaps oyster mushrooms
2. A mushroom farm with 1 2 growing rooms.
In this case the selling of mushrooms will take place directly on the regional market. The needed steps to start a mushroom business:
1. Decide upon the kind of mushrooms you need to enhance.
This is determined by several factors:
– the area you want to invest in (the local market), – the budget you want to allocate to the investment (growing agaricus mushrooms requires a larger investment than oyster or perhaps shiitake ones).
2. Growing system
The growing system can be:
– Dutch system of growing mushrooms, system adopted by the most mushroom farms in the world
– the tray system of growing mushrooms
– the growing system on floor (it”s an old growing system)
3. The labor force in the area of yours.
Taking into consideration that mushroom harvesting for retail selling is manually made, make sure that the area provides you labor force.
4. Choose the right location.
A mushroom farm can be placed in:
– former livestock farms or poultry farms. These buildings require a special hygienic and insulation to achieve the best technological parameters inside
– Greenfield investment
In this case the area where the mushroom farm is to be placed must dispose of the following utilities: three phase, access road for lorries, water coming from networks or perhaps drilled well and it must not be on a slope.
5. Investigate the market.
It is essential to find out which are the suppliers and at an equivalent time in which you are able to sell the mushrooms. Calculate the expense of the provisioning with compost, casing soil, labour costs, energy and study the local market in order to find out the selling prices. In this way you can establish if the mushrooms growing can be a successful business for you or not.
6. The business plan
Like any business, a mushroom farm needs fuel expenses, energy, and personnel, logistics. You are going to need a business plan for it. The budget has to be established for each and every stage of the investment
7. The most important factor in a mushroom farm, for a great start of the business, is the technologist.
Without a professional technologist you are going to have to do a lot more things at the identical time: growing mushrooms, finding customers, promoting the production. A veteran technologist can help you to create a successful business. He will take care about quality and quantity of the creation of yours and you’ll take care about the current market.